RUVI RECIPE: RASPBERRY ALMOND SHORTBREAD COOKIES
December is one of the busiest months of the year - with all the parties, traveling, and shopping, we know you are just looking for some ease. We're here with a delicious treat featuring our Active blend, which only seems fitting for the busyness of the season! Try out these tasty Ruvi Raspberry Almond Shortbread cookie that take no time at all! Don't worry for another minute what you're gonna bring to that holiday party. Plus, you can keep any extra jam you whip up for your toast and biscuits on Christmas morning!
1 cup raspberries
1 packet Ruvi Active
1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. water
1 cup butter softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. almond extract
2 cups flour
- For jam, add raspberries, Ruvi and water to a pan. Mash slightly and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once at a boil add sugar and boil an additional 5 minutes until mixture forms a gel.
- Pull from heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- For cookies, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Mix in 1 teaspoon of almond extract. Add flour and mix until dough is well formed.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on cookie sheet. Use your thumb to press down and make a dent in the center of each ball, then fill with jam!
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until lightly browned on the edges. Enjoy!
Yields 18-20 cookies
Make sure to tag @getruvi when you try it out! We can't wait to see you give this recipe a go and hear what you think!
Recipe by Ruvi Team Chef Madison Banks