RUVI RECIPE: FRESH FRUIT SLUSHIES
Do you hear "Mom, can we have ice cream?" or "Dad, let's go get a slushy or snow cone!" constantly during the summer?
Kids love all the cold, sweet things in the summertime. You really can’t blame them. However, most of those yummy treats also come with such high sugar content and the crash/meltdown afterwards. Of course, we still want our kids to experience the delicious happiness that comes with a cold treat in the shade on a hot day. That’s why we came up with the perfect Ruvi fresh fruit slushy! All the deliciousness and none of the guilt.
These slushies come in a rainbow of colors, and you and your kiddos can get as creative as you want! Use whatever fruits you love. Some of our favorite combinations are Clean & frozen peaches, Boost & frozen pineapple, or Focus and frozen mixed berries!
- 10-12 ounces of club soda
- 1 Ruvi packet of your choice
- 2 cups of frozen fruit
- A touch of honey as needed
- Add 10 ounces of club soda, 1 Ruvi packet and 2 cups of your choice of frozen fruit to a high powered blender.
- Blend for 60 seconds. Add 1-2 more ounces of club soda as needed for desired consistency and honey if added sweetness is desired.
- Serve with a spoon & straw!
Yields: 24-30 ounces, 3-4 servings
Recipe by Ruvi Team Chef, Madison Banks